May 17, 2013 Brain Connectivity Workshop 2013 Posted 9 May 2013
5 May, 2013 Student Renick Lee wins Innovation & Research Award Posted 6 May 2013
1 May, 2013 SINAPSE is awarded Competative Research Programs (CRP) grant by NRF Posted 1 May 2013
March 14, 2013 SPARC Workshop 2013 Posted 1 May 2013
March 22, 2013 Publication in press Posted 1 May 2013
February 24, 2013 2012 ISCBFM Young Investigator Travel Award Posted 1 Mar 2013
November 27, 2012 2012 International Neurotechnology Consortium Posted 14 Jan 2013
November 28, 2012 BioCAS 2012 Posted 11 Dec 2012
November 30, 2012 Awards & Recognition Ceremony 2012 Posted 6 Dec 2012
November 29, 2012 g.tec BCI Workshop Tour 2012 Singapore Posted 1 Nov 2012
November 5, 2012 SINAPSE Photo Shoot Posted 9 Nov 2012
- Lim, J., Catherine-Quevenco, F., Kwok, K., EEG alpha activity is associated with individual differences in post-break improvement, NeuroImage (in press)
- Yu SUN, Sijung Hu, Vicente Azorin-Peris, Roy Kalawsky, Stephen Greenwald. Noncontact imaging photoplethysmography to effectively access pulse rate variability. J. Biomed. Opt., 18(6), 061205 (Oct 30, 2012), doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.18.6.061205
- Lun-De Liao, Chin-Teng Lin, Yen-Yu I. Shih, Timothy Q. Duong, Hsin-Yi Lai, Po-Hsun Wang, Robby Wu, Siny Tsang, Jyh-Yeong Chang, Meng-Lin Li, You-Yin Chen, "Transcranial Imaging of Functional Cerebral Hemodynamic Changes in Single Blood Vessels Using In Vivo Photoacoustic Microscopy," 32, 938-951, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2012. (IF: 5.008; Category: Neuroscience; Ranking: 41/243) [Selected as a Feature Article highlighted with a commentary and Candidate Cover Figure of this Journal] [See also Research Highlight in the "Nitish V Thakor, April 4, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2012"]
- Lun-De Liao+, Chin-Teng Lin+, Kaleb McDowell, Alma Wickenden, Klaus Gramann, Tzyy-Ping Jung, Li-Wei Ko, and Jyh-Yeong Chang, "Biosensor Technologies for the Augmented Brain-Computer Interface in the Next Decades," Vol. 100, Issue: Special Centennial Issue, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2012. [+contributed equally] (IF: 6.810; Category: Engineering, electrical & electronic; Ranking: 2/244) [Invited paper for a "Special Centennial Celebration Issue: Reviewing the Past, the Present, and the Future of Electrical Engineering Technology" of Proceedings of the IEEE]
- Lun-De Liao, Chin-Teng Lin, Yen-Yu I. Shih, Jyh-Yeong Chang, Meng-Lin Li, You-Yin Chen, "Investigation of the In vivo Cerebral Hemodynamic Response Function in Single Vessels by Functional Photoacoustic Microscopy," Vol. 17, No. 6, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2012.
- Lun-De Liao, Chi-Yu Chen, I-Jan Wang, Jyh-Yeong Chang and Chin-Teng Lin, "Gaming Control using a Wearable and Wireless EEG-Based Brain-Computer Interface Device with Novel Dry Foam-based Sensors,"Vol. 9, No. 5, Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 2012. (IF: 3.264; Category: Rehabilitation; Ranking: 6/58) [Selected as a Top 10 Highly Accessed Article]
- Hsin-Yi Lai, Lun-De Liao, Chin-Teng Lin, Yen-Yu I. Shih, You-Yin Chen, Jui-Hsiang Hsu, Hui-Fen Chen, Siny Tsang, Jyh-Yeong Chang, "Design, Simulation and Experimental Validations of a Novel Flexible Neural Probe for Deep Brain Stimulation and Multichannel Recording," Vol. 9, No. 15, Journal of Neural Engineering, 2012.
- Lun-De Liao, Shang-Lin Wu, Chang-Hong Liou, Shi-An Chen, Li-Wei Ko, Sheng-Fu Chen and Chin-Teng Lin, "A Novel 16-Channel Wireless System for Electroencephalography Measurements with Dry Spring-Loaded Sensors," Accepted, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, 2013.
- Yuan-Jen Chang, Lun-De Liao, Chin-Teng Lin, Hsin-Yi Lai, Ji-Lin Chen, Yu-Ting Yang, Ying-Chen Ting, Ya-Po Huang, Robby Wu, Nitish V. Thakor and You-Yin Chen, "A low-cost multi-electrode array system for the simultaneous acquisition of electrophysiological signal and cellular morphology," Accepted, Journal of Neuroscience and Neuroengineering, 2012.
- Lun-De Liao and Chin-Teng Lin, "Novel Trends in Biosensors used for Electroencephalography Measurements in Neurocognitive Engineering Applications," Vol. 1, pp. 32-41, Journal of Neuroscience and Neuroengineering, 2012.
- Lun-De Liao, Hsin-Yi Lai, Chin-Teng Lin, You-Yin Chen, "A Novel Light-Addressable Multi-electrode Array Chip for Neural Signal Recording Based on VCSEL Diode Arrays," Vol. 1, pp. 4-12, Journal of Neuroscience and Neuroengineering, 2012.
- Angelo H. All, Faith A. Bazley, Siddharth Gupta, Amir Pourmorteza, Nikta Pashai, Charles Hu, Candace Kerr. "Human embryonic stem cell-derived oligodendrocyte progenitors repair somatosensory pathways following contusive spinal cord injury." PLoS ONE 7(10): e47645. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0047645M, Accepted 12 Sep 2012
- Lim, J., Ebstein, R., Tse, C.Y., Monakhov, M., Lai, P.S., Dinges, D.F., Kwok, K. (2012) Dopaminergic polymorphisms associated with time-on-task declines and fatigue in the Psychomotor Vigilance Task. PLoS One, 7(3): e33767.
- Lim, J., Dinges, D.F. (2010) A quantitative analysis of the impact of short-term sleep deprivation on cognitive variables. Psychological Bulletin. 136(3): 375-389.
- Lim, J., Wang, J., Wu, W., Detre, J.A., Dinges, D.F., Rao H. (2010) Imaging brain fatigue from sustained mental workload: An ASL perfusion study of the time-On-task effect. Neuroimage 49(4): 3426-35.
- (2012) "Connectivity mapping of human brain by phase-based evolution map approach", Int. J. Bifurc. Chaos. Vol. 22, No. 9
- Sudip Nag, Xiaofeng Jia, Nitish V. Thcoakor, and Dinesh Sharma "Flexible Charge Balanced Stimulator with 5.6 fC Accuracy for 140 nC Injections," accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems.
- (2012) "Anisotropic processing of laser speckle images improves spatiotemporal resolution", IEEE Trans Biomed Engr. 99:39447
- (2012) "Electrophysiological evaluation of sensory and motor pathways after incomplete unilateral spinal cord contusion", Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. In Press
- (2011) "Multi exposure laser speckle contrast imaging of the angiogenic microenvironment", J Biomed Opt. vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 05600601-05600610.
- (2012) "In vivo laser speckle contrast imaging reveals microvascular remodeling and hemodynamic changes during wound healing angiogenesis", Angiogenesis. vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 87-98
- (2011) "Valve-based microfluidic compression platform: single axon injury and regrowth", Lab on a Chip. 22:3888-3895 doi:10.1039/C1LC20549H
- (2011) "Improving the specificity of EEG for diagnosing Alzheimer's disease", Int J Alzheimer's Disease. Article 259069 doi:10.4061/2011/259069
- (2011) "Slowing and Loss of Complexity in Alzheimer's EEG: Two Sides of the Same Coin?", Int J Alzheimer's Disease. Article 539621 doi:10.4061/2011/539621
- (2011) "A two-dimensional approach for lossless EEG compression", Biomedical Signal Processing And Control. 6(4):387-394 doi:10.1016/j.bspc.2011.01.00
- (2011) "Walking Support and Power Assistance of a Wheelchair Typed Omnidirectional Mobile Robot with Admittance Control", Mobile Robots-Current Trends. Zoran Gacovski (Ed.), InTech ISBN:978-953-307-716-1
- Siew-Kit Hoi, Xiao Chen, Vanga S. Kumar, Sureerat Homhuan, Chorng-Haur Sow and Andrew A. Bettiol, A microfluidic chip with integrated colloidal crystal for online optical analysis, Advanced Functional Materials 21 (2011) 2847-2853
- Ee Jin Teo, Andrew A. Bettiol, Boqian Xiong, Mark B H Breese and Prashant T Shuvan, An all-silicon, single-mode Bragg cladding rib waveguide, Optics Express 18 (2010) 8816-8823
- Sher-Yi Chiam, Ranjan Singh, Weili Zhang, and Andrew A Bettiol, Controlling metamaterial resonances via dielectric and aspect ratio effects, Applied Physics Letters 97 (2010) 191906
- Sher-Yi Chiam, Ranjan Singh, Carsten Rockstuhl, Weili Zhang, Falk Lederer and A.A. Bettiol, Analogue of electromagnetically induced transparency in a terahertz metamaterial, Physical Review B 80 (2009) 153103
- C. Udalagama, A. A. Bettiol and F. Watt, Stochastic spatial energy deposition profiles for MeV protons and keV electrons, Physical Review B 80 (2009) 224107
- (2011) "Connectivity analysis as a novel approach to motor decoding for prosthesis control", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. . (99):1-1 doi:TBME-00608-2011
- (2011) "Detection of nonlinear interactions of EEG Alpha waves in the brain by a new coherence measure and its application to epilepsy", J. Neural Systems. 21(2):115-126 doi:10.1142/S0129065711002754
- (2011) "Efficient Generation of Schwann Cells from Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Neurospheres", Stem Cell Rev and Rep. 7:394-403 doi:10.1007/s12015-010-9198-2
- (2011) "Spatiotemporal Variation of Multiple Neurophysiological Signals in the Primary Motor Cortex during Dexterous Reach-to-Grasp Movements", Journal of Neuroscience. 31(43):15531-15543 doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2999-11.2011
- (2011) "Dynamic Gene Network Reconstruction from gene expression data in mice after Influenza A (H1N1) infection", Journal of Clinical Bioinformatics. doi:10.1186/2043-9113-1-27
- (2011) "Time jitter of somatosensory evoked potentials in recovery from hypoxic-ischemic brain injury", J. Neurosci. Methods. 201(2):355-360 doi:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2011.08.025
- (2011) "Potential long-term benefits of acute hypothermia after spinal cord injury: Assessments with somatosensory-evoked potentials", Critical Care Medicine. doi:10.1097/CCM.0b013e318232d97e
- (2011) "CMOS In-Pixel CTIA High Sensitivity Fluorescence Imager", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Circuits. Systems. 5(5):449-458 10.1109/TBCAS.2011.2114660
- (2011) "Forebrain medial septum region facilitates nociception in a rat formalin model of inflammatory pain", PAIN. 152:2528-2542 doi:10.1016/j.pain.2011.07.019
- (2011) "Quantitative temporal proteomic analysis of human embryonic stem cell differentiation into oligodendrocyte progenitor cells", Proteomics. 11:1-14 doi:10.1002/pmic.201100107
- (2011) "Odor Discrimination Using Neural Decoding of the Main Olfactory Bulb in Rats", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. . 58(5):1208-1215
- (2011) "Optogenetic-guided cortical plasticity after nerve injury", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.. 108(21):8838-8843 doi:10.1073/pnas.1100815108
- (2011) "Controlling neurite outgrowth with patterned substrates", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. 97(4):451-6 doi:10.1002/jbm.a.33082
- (2011) "Varicella zoster virus infection of neurons derived from human embryonic stem cells: direct demonstration of axonal infection, transport of VZV and productive neuronal infection", Journal of Virology. 85(13):6220-6233 doi:10.1128/JVI.02396-10
- (2011) "A VLSI Neural Monitoring System with Ultra-Wideband Telemetry for Awake Behaving Subjects", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Circuits. Systems. 5(2):112-119 doi:10.1109/TBCAS.2011.2141670
- (2011) "Engineering neuronal growth cones to promote axon regeneration over inhibitory molecules", PNAS. 108(12):5057-62 doi:10.1073/pnas.1011258108
- (2011) "The Habenula Prevents Helpless Behavior in Larval Zebrafish", Current Biology. 20(24):2211-2216 doi:10.1016/j.cub.2010.11.025 |
- (2010) "Study of the origin of short- and long-latency SSEP during recovery from brain ischemia in a rat model", Neuroscience Letters. 485(3):157-6129 doi:10.1016/j.neulet.2010.08.086
- (2010) "Targeting botulinum neurotoxin persistence by the ubiquitin-proteasome system", Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 107(38):16554-9 doi:10.1073/pnas.1008302107
- (2010) "Neural Decoding of Finger Movements Using Skellam Based Maximum Likelihood Decoding", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. . 57(3):754-760 doi:10.1109/TBME.2009.2020791
- K. Ramanathan, N. Ning, D. Dhanasekar, G. Li, L.P. Shi, and P. Vadakkepat, "Presynaptic learning and memory with a persistent firing neuron and a habituating synapse: A model of short term persistent habituation," International Journal of Neural Systems, 2012
- N. Ning, K. J. Huang, and L. P. Shi, "Artificial Neuron with Somatic and Axonal Computation Units: Mathematical and Neuromorphic Models of Persistent Firing Neurons," IJCNN2012, accepted, 2012
- K. Ramanathan, A. Schirmer, N. Ning, L. P. Shi, W. He, "A cognitive architecture for memory based future storage devices," IJCNN2012, accepted, 2012
- L. P. Shi, K. Ramanathan, N. Ning, L. Pan, W. He, G. Li, H. Li, Z. Yang, "The Challenges and Solutions for the Development of Artificial Cognitive Memory," European Phase-Change and Ovonic Science Symposium, accepted, 2012
- N. Ning, K. J. Yi, K. J. Huang, and L. P. Shi, "Axonal slow integration induced persistent firing neuron model," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 7062, pp. 469-476, 2011.
- L. P. Shi, K. J. Yi, K. Ramanathan, R. Zhao, N. Ning, D. Ding and T. C. Chong, (invited paper) "Artificial cognitive memory - changing from density driven to functionality driven," Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 865--875, 2011
- L. P. Shi, K. J. Yi, K. Ramanathan, N. Ning, R. Zhao, H. Z. Li, and Z. Yang, (invited talk) "Bio Inspired Artificial Cognitive Memory," NVMTS2011, Shanghai, 2011
- T Kato, Y Abe, H Sotoyama, A Kakita, R Kominami, S Hirokawa, M Ozaki, H Takahashi and H Nawa (2011) Transgenic mice overexpressing type1-neruegulin1ß display hyper locomotor activity reduced context dependent fear-learning and social interaction: implication for schizophrenia, Molecular Psychiatry, 16(3), 307-320.
- Satoshi Arai, Yoon Su-In, Atsushi Murata, Shinji Takeoka,Yixin Lu, Xiaoyu Wu, Miwako Ozaki (2011) Fluorescent Imaging Technique Suppressing Background Signals by using Quencher-conjugated Peptide, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun, 404, 211-216.
- C. H. Chen, A. Sarkar, Y. Song, M. A. Miller, S. J. Kim, L. G. Griffith, D. A. Lauffenburger and J. Han "Enhancing protease activity assay in droplet-based microfluidics Using a Biomolecule Concentrator" Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 10368-10371 (Impact factor: 9.9)
- C. H. Chen, R. K. Shah, A. R. Abate, and D. A. Weitz "Janus Particles Templated from Double Emulsion Droplets Generated Using Microfluidics" Langmuir, 2009, 25 (8), 4320-4323
- C. H. Chen, A. R. Abate, D. Lee, E. M. Terentjev and D. A. Weitz "Microfluidic assembly of magnetic hydrogel particles with uniformly anisotropic structure" Advanced Materials, 2009, 21, 3201-3204
- A. R. Abate, C. H. Chen, J. Agresti and D. A. Weitz "Beating Poisson encapsulation statistics using close-packed ordering" Lab on a Chip, 2009, 9, 2628-2631
- Temporal Evolution of TV-DBN Brain Connectivity ECoG Maps
- Neural Decoding of Dexterous Arm Motion in Monkeys
- Speckle-Based Functional Brain Response: Stimulation of Cortex
- EMG-Based Dexterous Decoding of Individual Fingers: Amputee
- Combining ECoG & Kinematic Signals in Prosthesis Control
- Virus in Microfluidic Chamber