- Ren H., Campos-Nanez E., Yaniv Z., Banovac F., Hata N., and Cleary K. "Treatment Planning and Image Guidance for Radiofrequency Ablations of Large Tumors" IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics), in press, 2013
- Yue Zhou, Hongliang Ren, Max Q.-H. Meng, Zion Tsz Ho Tse, and Haoyong Yu. "Robotics in natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery." Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 13(02):1350044, 2013.
- Shuang Song, Wan Qiao, Baopu Li, Chao Hu, Xiaoxiao Li, MQ-H Meng, and Hongliang Ren. "An efficient magnetic tracking method using uniaxial sensing coil." IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2013.
- Hongliang Ren, Wei LIU, and Andy LIM. "Marker-based instrument tracking using dual kinect sensors for navigated surgery." IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 2013.
- Hongliang Ren and Peter Kazanzides. "Investigation of attitude tracking using an integrated inertial and magnetic navigation system for hand-held surgical instruments." IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 17(2):210-217, 2012.
- Hongliang Ren, Denis Rank, Martin Merdes, Jan Stallkamp, and Peter Kazanzides. "Multi-sensor data fusion in an integrated tracking system for endoscopic surgery." IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 16(1):106-111, 2012.
- Jeffrey Stoll, Hongliang Ren, and Pierre E. Dupont. "Passive markers for tracking surgical instruments in real-time 3d ultrasound imaging." IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 31(3):563-575, 2012.
- Ren H., Liu W., and Song S. Towards Occlusion-Resistant Surgical Instrument Tracking Bone & Joint Journal Orthopaedic Proceedings Supplement, 2013, 95-B, 52
- Ren H., Lim C. M., Wang J., Liu W., Song S., Li Z., Herbert G., Yu H., Tse Z., and Tan Z. "Computer Assisted Transoral Surgery with Flexible Robotics and Navigation Technologies" Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 2014
- Jiaze Wu, Cheng Li, Feng Liu, et al." Fast and robust extraction of surrogate respiratory signal from intra-operative liver ultrasound images." International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (IJCARS) 1-9, 2013
- Jiaze Wu, Cheng Li, Su Huag, et al. " A fast and robust method to extract respiratory motion from liver ultrasound images.", 27th International Congress and Exhibition on Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS), 2013.
- Jiaze Wu, Yanling Chi, Cheng Li, et al. "Automatic and Real-time Identification of Breathing Pattern from Ultrasound Liver Images." joint 6th International Workshop on Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality (MIAR) and 8th MICCAI Workshop on Augmented Environments for Computer-Assisted interventions (AE-CAI), 2013.